Red Lipstick & Champagne Dreams: RED LIPS FOR FALL: BROWN GIRL EDITION

RED LIPS FOR FALL: BROWN GIRL EDITION

red lipstick for black women woman fall

Sadly summer is slowly coming to an end. I'll miss it dearly, only because living in MN during the winter months can be pure torture! But even though my favorite season is coming to an end, I must admit that I do enjoy fall. I love watching the leafs change color and I also love the feeling that fall brings.

And with a new season comes new makeup and fashion trends. Today I'm definitely rocking a lip combo for fall. 


I mean, a good red lipstick is a must for any time of the year. However this season, we'll see a darker version of a red lip. Not only that but matte lipsticks won't be dominating anymore. There are a lot more glossy options out there. Which is great because with colder seasons come drier lips, and nothing better than having a moisturizing lipstick that allows you to stay in trend. 

dark red lipstick for black women woman brown


For today's look I'm wearing Revlon Ultra HD lipstick in the shade 875 Gladiolus. They were giving out full samples at Target so I decided to give it a try, I mean free lipstick, why would anyone pass that up! This lipstick is super moisturizing to the lips. And even though it has some gloss it stayed on fairly well. I paired with Bespoken For lip liner from MAC to give me that ombre effect. 

I will always recommend that you wear a lip liner, especially with lipstick that have a glossier finish to them. These lipsticks tend to not last as long on the lips and by wearing a lip liner you will prolong the wear of the lipstick. 

This fall season let your lips speak for themselves. Simplicity can go a long way. 

What I also love about this is that everyone can wear it. I know a lot of women are scared of of bright red lipsticks, so this gives everyone the chance to give it a try. By incorporating a darker lip liner with your red lipstick you are in control of how dark you want the look to be. Instead of using a darker shade that you can't really control the intensity. 


fall lipstick for black women

WILL YOU BE GIVING THIS DARK RED LIP TREND A TRY?
SHARE ON:Share to Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. This lipstick looks gorgeous with a darker lip liner!

    Martha xo
    MarthaDahhling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo I'm not ready yet lol. But I rock dark lips all year round, looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha girl I'm feeling the same way!!!!! I LOVE dark lips so I'm the same way. It can happen whenever for me

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous red lip! I need a darker red lip pencil like that this fall!
    xx Nubiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Nubiana. A dark lip pencil is a must. You can do so much with it.

      Delete
  4. Love your intense Fall red lip stick color..it complements your facial features! :)

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Giselle! I will definitely be wearing red.

    chic-n-everything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to show my post some love ;)

ABOUT

ABOUT
Hello I'm Giselle. I love makeup and everything related to beauty.
I currently live in Minnesota and I am here to share a few of my favorite things with you!

SOCIAL

SEARCH

Featured Post

VIVA GLAM ARIANA GRANDE

This is no longer news and I’m sure you’ve seen a few people rocking this lipstick and gloss but we can never have enough swatche...

INSTAGRAM

Powered by Blogger.

Bloglovin

PINTEREST