Red Lipstick & Champagne Dreams: 4 EASY EYELINER TIPS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE PERFECT WINGED EYELINER

4 EASY EYELINER TIPS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE PERFECT WINGED EYELINER


I've been wanting to do this post for a little while now. I think there are a lot of people out there that would love to learn how to do a perfect winged eyeliner. And even though it looks hard and a little scary, it's actually pretty easy. Today I would like to share a couple of steps that have helped me become an expert at creating a winged eye liner not only on myself but on my clients as well. 

Now I also think it's very important to consider the fact that we all have different eye shapes. What we see on one person may not look the same on us. With that being said I believe that the eyeliner tips that I have outlined for you on this post today will help you create a winged eyeliner that works just for YOU!



Here are the 4 easy eyeliner tips to help you achieve the perfect winged eyeliner



perfect winged eye liner

STEP 1: A tip that I like to use in order to create the perfect wing is to follow an invisible line that connects from my bottom lashes. As you can see in the picture above, if you use a brush as your guide you will get an idea of where to place the first line.

I really like using this technique because it gives me a pretty good idea of where I should place the wing. And instead of just doing a general wing, this allows you to create a wing that will work for your own eye shape.



STEP 2: Next follow the invisible line from your bottom lashes and create a line. Extend this line as far as you would want your wing to be (and remember the moon is the limit) During this step just take your time. A tip for you, would be to create the line by doing small dashes, this way you won't feel the pressure to get a perfect wing line all in one try.



STEP 3: The third step would be to create another line that connects from the end of that first line towards your lashes. And once you have this part done you will have something that looks similar to the picture above. The line I started off with wasn't giving me enough thickness so I drew another one next to it. But it will all come together on the next step.



STEP 4: Now the final step in creating this winged liner would be to line the rest of the lid and fill in that little gap from those first two lines that we created. The same idea from step one can be used here. Don't feel like you have to line the whole lid on one try. Go ahead and use small dashes to create the thickness that you desire. After that's done go in with your eye liner and fill in that gap.




how to achieve the perfect winged eye liner

This is what it looked like once I was done. As you can see, the wing is not super crisp and there is a small are that needs cleaning up. Though this part is not necessary I like to go in with my cream concealer (you could also use your foundation or liquid concealer) to clean up that bottom part of the wing. This will make it look super crisp and it will give that finished look.

I personally like to use the #212 MAC because it's flat so it makes it easier to clean up straight lines like a winged eye liner. 

winged eye liner tutorial


I hope this was helpful to someone out there. If you try this out or if this is helpful to you at all please let know :) And if you have any requests or suggestions as to what you would love see on the blog leave in the comments bellow. I love to hear from you :)


What aspect of makeup application do you wish you were an expert on?



SHARE ON:Share to Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. There are probably several but I want to be a pro with eye liner with respect to my eye shape!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great goal. I think everyone struggles, even when we consider ourselves to be pros we'll have an off liner day lol

      Delete
  2. so helpful I can't do good wings to save my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! I hope this will help you get them wings going lol

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to show my post some love ;)

ABOUT

ABOUT
Hello I'm Giselle. I love makeup and everything related to beauty.
I currently live in Minnesota and I am here to share a few of my favorite things with you!

SOCIAL

SEARCH

Featured Post

VIVA GLAM ARIANA GRANDE

This is no longer news and I’m sure you’ve seen a few people rocking this lipstick and gloss but we can never have enough swatche...

INSTAGRAM

Powered by Blogger.

Bloglovin

PINTEREST