Red Lipstick & Champagne Dreams: SOFT & SIMPLE HOLIDAY MAKEUP FOR WOMEN OF COLOR

SOFT & SIMPLE HOLIDAY MAKEUP FOR WOMEN OF COLOR


Notice anything different? I let my fro out to breath! Yay to feeling the wind in my scalp (kind of). This girl today said to me "why did you take out the blonde hair?" And in my head I said "cause who gon check me boo?" (that's basically my answer to everything these days) But the real reason is that I just missed my hair. I have very thick natural hair and it can be a lot of work to prep it for the next day, so if I just keep it braided and moisturized  under something then I don't have to worry about it.
This seems to be paying off because my hair has gained a lot of length, though I know I need a trim really bad. I want to get it straightened (professionally) so I can see what is really going on with it.





I thought this would be the perfect look for any party. It's simple but it makes the eyes stand out. You could go with a bold lip or keep it nude like I did.





For today's makeup I used a gold pigment on my lid and used a number of brown shades on my crease to create a soft smokey eye. You can use basically anything you'd like. Usually when I do softer looks like this I tend to go in on the winged liner and I add some fun lashes to complement my eyes.

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING WITH MAKEUP LATELY?


Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more updates


SHARE ON:Share to Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I love this entire look especially how sharp and precise your winged eyeliner is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I have to ask...what lipstick are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa I work Myth lipstick and Cork lip liner, both from MAC and then I put some gloss over it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to show my post some love ;)

ABOUT

ABOUT
Hello I'm Giselle. I love makeup and everything related to beauty.
I currently live in Minnesota and I am here to share a few of my favorite things with you!

SOCIAL

SEARCH

Featured Post

VIVA GLAM ARIANA GRANDE

This is no longer news and I’m sure you’ve seen a few people rocking this lipstick and gloss but we can never have enough swatche...

INSTAGRAM

Powered by Blogger.

Bloglovin

PINTEREST